Saturday, April 3, 2010

Online Job Hunting

Getting a job online is about as probable as finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The application process is an abyss in which you throw your resume, a deep dark hole so impersonal that reply emails are few and far between. This is a caveat, if you may, for those that spend countless hours sending electronic resumes. My suggestion is, use every connection you never knew you had. Hit up friends from college, high school, hell even pre-school works. Your dog-walker knows a guy? Great! Jump all over that shit. The only potential issue I've noticed recently, is that with a spoiled job market, connections might not be enough to even land you an interview.

My father owns his own business and my mother is science related which means that my connections will never come from within my family. Sucks, right? So as of now, I'm right there in the abyss with you. No Apologies, I Don't Think Before I Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment